Applying for Residence in Portugal
Article 122, paragraph 1, sub-paragraph r) – Individuals who are able to prove they conduct an investment activity
The application shall be delivered personally, on a standard form signed by the applicant or by his/her legal representative, if the applicant is a minor or legally disabled, and can be submitted in any SEF directorate or regional delegation, which may send it, after proceedings and decision, to the directorate or regional delegation of the applicant’s area of residence.
- Two recent, identical photographs, in colour with blank background, and easily identifiable
- Passport or any other valid travel document
- Permission for SEF to check portuguese criminal record
- Extract from the criminal records of the country of origin
- Required documents
- Residence Permit with visa waiver is only granted to applicants who have not been the object of custodial sentence (s) that individually or jointly exceed one year of imprisonment, even if, in case of sentencing for felonious set out in this legal framework, for crime of terrorism, for highly violent or highly organized crime, the enforcement of the sentence has been suspended.
- With the amendment introduced to article 75 of the Aliens Act by article 183 of Act n.º 2/2020 of 31 March – State Budget to 2020 in force since 01/04/2020 and to 2020 –, the temporary residence permit is valid for two years [and not just one] from the date of issue of the corresponding title and renewable for successive periods of three years [and not just two].
ARTICLE 122, PARAGRAPH 1, SUBPARAGRAPH R) OF THE REPSAE, IN CONJUNCTION WITH ARTICLE 61, PARAGRAPHS 1 AND 19 OF THE RD 84/2007 AS AMENDED
ORDER NUMBER 1563/2007, OF 11/12