Applying for Residence in Portugal
For Living in Portugal and Family Reunification
Article 109 – Residence Permit for victims of trafficking in human beings or human smuggling
- A Residence Permit shall be granted to a foreign citizen who is, or has been, a victim of criminal offenses related to the trafficking of human beings or to the smuggling of migrants, irrespectively of:
- His / her illegal entry in the country; or
- His / her non-eligibility for the granting of a Residence Permit
- The procedure is initiated immediately after SEF is informed by the investigation authorities
The residence permit is valid (issued) for one year. Because article 109, n.º 5 of the Aliens Act is a special legal provision, the amendment introduced to article 75 of the Aliens Act, by article 192 of Act n.º 75-B/2020 of 31 december – State Budget to 2021 in force since 01/01/2021 and to 2021 does not apply.
- Once the situation that led to the granting of a Residence Permit to a victim of trafficking in human beings is over, a temporary residence permit can be applied for pursuant to Article 122, paragraph 1, sub-paragraph n) of the Aliens Act.
ARTICLE 109 OF THE ALIENS ACT, IN CONJUNCTION WITH ARTICLE 59 OF THE REGULATORY DECREE N.º 84/07 OF 05/11, AS AMENDED, AND DECREE-LAW NO.368/2007 OF 05 NOVEMBER
ORDER NUMBER 1563/2007, OF 11/12