Applying for Residence in Portugal
Article 61, paragraphs 1 and 22 of the Regulatory Decree – Foreign citizens whose cancelation of EU Blue Card did not result in their removal from national territory
The application shall be delivered personally, on a standard form signed by the applicant or by his/her legal representative, if the applicant is a minor or legally disabled, and can be submitted in any SEF directorate or regional delegation, which may send it, after proceedings and decision, to the directorate or regional delegation of the applicant’s area of residence.
- Two recent, identical photographs, in colour with blank background, and easily identifiable (only for appointments at Odivelas, Aveiro or Braga SEF bureau)
- Passport or any other valid travel document
- Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence, as per the provisions of Order number 1563/2007, of 11/12
- Evidence that the applicant has adequate accommodation
- Permission for checking criminal records
- Extract from the criminal records of the country of origin (except for minors under the age of 16)
- Residence Permit with visa waiver is only granted to applicants who have not been the object of custodial sentence (s) that individually or jointly exceed one year of imprisonment, even if, in case of sentencing for felonious set out in this legal framework, for crime of terrorism, for highly violent or highly organized crime, the enforcement of the sentence has been suspended.
- With the amendment introduced to article 75 of the Aliens Act, by article 192 of Act n.º 75-B/2020 of 31 december – State Budget to 2021 in force since 01/01/2021 and to 2021 – the temporary residence permit is valid for two years [and not just one] from the date of issue of the corresponding title and renewable for successive periods of three years [and not just two].
ARTICLE 61, PARAGRAPHS 1 AND 22 OF THE RD 84/2007 AS AMENDED
ORDER NUMBER 1563/2007, OF 11/12