Applying for Residence in Portugal
Article 122, paragraph 4 – To direct ascendants of foreign nationals covered by paragraph 1, subparagraph b), having parental care over them
The application shall be delivered personally, on a standard form signed by the applicant or by his/her legal representative, if the applicant is a minor or legally disabled, and can be submitted in any SEF directorate or regional delegation, which may send it, after proceedings and decision, to the directorate or regional delegation of the applicant’s area of residence.
- Two recent, identical photographs, in colour with blank background, and easily identifiable (only for appointments at Odivelas, Aveiro or Braga SEF bureau)
- Passport or any other valid travel document
- Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence, as per the provisions of Order number 1563/2007, of 11/12
- Evidence that the applicant has adequate accommodation
- Permission for SEF to check portuguese criminal record – except for under 16 years old
- Extract from the criminal records of the country of origin
- Birth certificate for underage
- Evidence in that the direct ascendant has parental care over the underage, namely by means of a declaration of the non-applicant parent;
- Evidence of the underage attending pre-school, primary, secondary or vocational education taking into consideration the constraints of nos. 4 and 5 of article 122 of REPSAE
- Residence Permit with visa waiver is only granted to applicants who have not been the object of custodial sentence (s) that individually or jointly exceed one year of imprisonment, even if, in case of sentencing for felonious set out in this legal framework, for crime of terrorism, for highly violent or highly organized crime, the enforcement of the sentence has been suspended.
with the amendment introduced to article 75 of the Aliens Act, by article 192 of Act n.º 75-B/2020 of 31 december – State Budget to 2021 in force since 01/01/2021 and to 2021 – the temporary residence permit is valid for two years [and not just one] from the date of issue of the corresponding title and renewable for successive periods of three years [and not just two].
ARTICLE 122, PARAGRAPH 4, IN CONJUNCTION WITH ARTICLE 61, PARAGRAPHS 1 AND 21 OF THE RD 84/2007 AS AMENDED
ORDER NUMBER 1563/2007, OF 11/12